geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Laponder" <marco.lapon...@kewill.com>
Subject too many LoginModule requests ?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:00:32 GMT
Hi All,

I have created a custom login module for the user authentication, which
works ok (I can login as expected). I was surprised by the number of
calls to the login module. Even if I successfully logged in on a
previous request, a next request on the same context did again call my
login module. Is this expected behaviour ? I would like to just login
once instead on each request. Am I doing something wrong in my custom
module or is this behaviour as expected ?

Kind regards,
Marco Laponder

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 3 september 2008 19:07
Aan: user@geronimo.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: retrieve custom principal from custom loginmodule in
servlet

On Sep 3, 2008, at 1:28 AM, Marco Laponder wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am trying to build a custom login module where custom principals are
> added to the subject. The login works as expected and on the commit I
> add my specific principal object to the subject.
>
> So far so good, but now I need to retrieve this object In my servlet
> and
> I was expecting to be able to retrieve it by
> httpRequest.getUserPrincipal() but the principal returned is not an
> instance of my custom principal. Can anyone given any tips how to find
> out what I am doing incorrect or is this situation not possible at
> all ?

You don't say if your login configuration includes any other login
modules.  Assuming that it does not....

The specs don't describe how to pick the "UserPrincipal" from the
possibly numerous principals in a logged-in Subject.  Geronimo uses
this code snippet:

         Set<? extends Principal> principals =
subject.getPrincipals(GeronimoCallerPrincipal.class);
         if (!principals.isEmpty()) {
             context.principal = principals.iterator().next();
         } else if (!(principals =
subject.getPrincipals(PrimaryRealmPrincipal.class)).isEmpty()) {
             context.principal = principals.iterator().next();
         } else if (!(principals =
subject.getPrincipals(RealmPrincipal.class)).isEmpty()) {
             context.principal = principals.iterator().next();
         } else if (!(principals = subject.getPrincipals()).isEmpty()) {
             context.principal = principals.iterator().next();
         }

So, the most reliable way to get your special principal returned as
the UserPrincipal is to have it implement the marker interface
GeronimoCallerPrincipal, and assure it is the only principal that
implements that interface.

Hope this helps
david jencks