geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <>
Subject Re: apache httpd and geronio
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:40:33 GMT
Hello Marco,

Mod_proxy_ajp is a module that works with Mod_proxy to allow a connection
over ajp rather than http.  The difference in configuration between using
http or ajp is negligible so I think your choice is really between Mod_proxy
and Mod_jk.  I've used Mod_proxy some and found it fairly easy to setup and
use for forwarding requests.  I haven't as of yet set up a Mod_jk
configuration, but I do know that it requires more configuration both in the
apache server and the geronimo server.  Alternatively, Mod_proxy only needs
configuration within the apache server.  From my understanding, Mod_jk
allows for more configuration options and gives a user more control over the
setup.  If all you're going to be doing is forwarding requests, then
Mod_proxy might be easier.  Hopefully this information helps you with your

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 2:27 AM, Marco Laponder

> Hi,
> I am considering to forward (some) request from my apache httpd
> webserver to Geronimo. If I understand correctly there are multiple
> - Mod_jk
> - Mod_proxy
> - Mod_proxy_ajp
> What is the preferred way to go , in terms of performance and
> functionality ?
> Kind regards,
> Marco Laponder

~Jason Warner