geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache httpd and geronio
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:40:33 GMT
Hello Marco,

Mod_proxy_ajp is a module that works with Mod_proxy to allow a connection
over ajp rather than http.  The difference in configuration between using
http or ajp is negligible so I think your choice is really between Mod_proxy
and Mod_jk.  I've used Mod_proxy some and found it fairly easy to setup and
use for forwarding requests.  I haven't as of yet set up a Mod_jk
configuration, but I do know that it requires more configuration both in the
apache server and the geronimo server.  Alternatively, Mod_proxy only needs
configuration within the apache server.  From my understanding, Mod_jk
allows for more configuration options and gives a user more control over the
setup.  If all you're going to be doing is forwarding requests, then
Mod_proxy might be easier.  Hopefully this information helps you with your
decision.

--
~Jason Warner