geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Eclipse Utility Projects with 2.1.2
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:48:57 GMT

On Sep 10, 2008, at 7:00 PM, Kory Markevich wrote:

> It wasn't in active use, but it is what I was using for the code for
> a custom
> application-scoped login module.  I had assumed that this was the
> correct
> type of project to use for such a beast, as none of the other types
> seemed
> correct (it's not an ejb, nor connector, etc.)  Is there a preferred
> way to
> do this using Geronimo and WTP, or do I have to do some kind of manual
> project-reference work?

I don't know how eclipse assists with this but you can include
configuration for gbeans in any kind of geronimo plan, including that
for ears (geronimo-application.xml or external plan), ejb modules
(openejb-jar.xml), or web modules (geronimo-web.xml).  META-INF/
geronimo-service.xml would only get detected if you were deploying a
jar directly not as a javaee application.

Generally gbean config is at the end of the plan after all the javaee

david jencks