geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Geronimo v2.1 - Developer's guide - Web Application for EJB access
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 03:19:39 GMT
HI Tero, the problem you are seeing is generally indicative of an environment
and/or configuration problem. What I usually recommend in this case is to use the
following documentation but invoke only the manual steps throughout:

-----> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/quick-start-fast-and-easy-development.html

1. Manually download and install the Sun JDK 5.0/6.0

2. Create a new Eclipse installation directory for yourself and then manually
download and install the "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers" (either Europa or
Ganymede) into that new Eclipse installation directory.

3. Manually download and install the GEP. Just unzip the
geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.3-deployable.zip file into your new Eclipse
installation directory.

4. To verify that these steps have been successful, startup your new Eclipse
installation and from the workspace select "Help --> About Eclipse Platform". In
the panel that appears you will see anywhere from 4-6 Eclipse icons representing
the various Eclipse projects and/or components installed. You must also see the
Geronimo icon -- if not something has not been installed correctly. If the
Geronimo icon does not show up then please attach the .log file in the .metadata
directory of your workspace that you are using and we can probably figure out
what's wrong from it. If the Geronimo icon does appear that is a very good
indication that Eclipse and the GEP have been installed correctly, and you can
continue to the next step.

5. Manually download and install the Geronimo v2.1.3 server, just remember where
you installed/unzipped it.

6. Define a new Geronimo server runtime as described in the document above, but
point to the directory you unzipped it in Step 5 above. If you get any errors
please copy/paste them in your reply.

7. Next, start the new Geronimo server as described in the document above. It
should start fine, but again if you get any errors please copy/paste them in your
reply.

8. Finally, if the Geronimo server starts up okay, then go through this tutorial.
It should work fine as well, but again if you get any errors please copy/past
them in your reply and also attach the .log file in the .metadata directory of
your workspace that you are using.

----->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

Thanks and please let me know how it goes for you.

--
Thanks,
Tim McConnell