geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what is "dojo-tomcat?"
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:57:16 GMT
Peter,

We include a copy of the Dojo javascript library as a web app in the JEE
versions of the server.  There are actually two of them included.  One
is Dojo version 0.4.x (dojo-legacy-tomcat or dojo-legacy-jetty) and the
other is Dojo version 1.1.x (dojo-tomcat or dojo-jetty).

Because these are there, anyone can easily build webapps that use the
Dojo library without having to incorporate it directly into your app.
We originally included Dojo because there are a couple of screens in the
console that use it.  Those screens were written with the 0.4 version.
Once all of those screens are rewritten to use the newer (non beta)
version, we will probably remove the dojo-legacy apps to get the server
footprint smaller.

Jay