geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Markus Keller <m.kel...@orcasoft.ch>
Subject Re: apache httpd and geronio
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:07:26 GMT
Hello Marco, Jason

Jason Warner schrieb:
> Mod_proxy_ajp is a module that works with Mod_proxy to allow a connection
> over ajp rather than http.  The difference in configuration between using
> http or ajp is negligible so I think your choice is really between Mod_proxy
> and Mod_jk.

To know from my own experience mod_proxy_ajp is the best and
easiest way to connect apache to tomcat.

The Apache Portable Runtime (APR) based Native library for
Tomcat is an option to optimize an apache http server in
association with tomcat. You still need mod_proxy and
mod_proxy_ajp for apache httpd but on the tomcat side the
native library is used instead of the Java AJP connector.
The result is a better perfomance and the JVM must not
handle the connections. Hope this is a usefull information
for you.

More information:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html

marc