geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to deploy tomcat app with WADI Cluster
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 18:54:43 GMT
Opened the following JIRA for this -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4291

Checking the fix into svn for 2.1.3 and 2.2 now.


-Donald


Gianny Damour wrote:
> Hi Adam,
> 
> At this stage, there is no bug number and I will create one as soon as I 
> get better connectivity (I moved house over the week-end and internet 
> access is not yet set-up at my new place).
> 
> Some Tribes classes, e.g. org.apache.catalina.tribes.UniqueId, have been 
> repackaged which has broken the classloading filtering rule of 
> tomcat6-no-ha. You will need to redeploy this configuration:
> 
> 1. copy the deployment plan of tomcat6-no-ha in a working directory. You 
> can find the plan in the repository:
> repository/org/apache/geronimo/configs/tomcat6-no-ha/2.1.2/tomcat6-no-ha-2.1.2.car/META-INF/plan.xml

> 
> 
> 2. change the hidden-classes filter to (bottom of the file):
>     <hidden-classes>
>       <filter>org.apache.catalina.tribes.</filter>
>     </hidden-classes>
> 
> 3. redeploy the configuration:
> deploy/redeploy <working dir>/plan.xml
> 
> You can now start a clustered app. I attach a plan with an already 
> updated classloading filter for your convenience.
> 
> Thanks,
> Gianny
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 05/09/2008, at 10:23 AM, Adam Ruggles wrote:
> 
> 
> 
>>
>> Hi Gianny,
>>
>> Thanks for the info.  Is there a bug number that I can track on this 
>> issue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Adam
>>
>>
>>
>> Gianny Damour-2 wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Adam,
>>>
>>> I know what the issue is. As a matter of fact I fixed it a couple of
>>> months ago. I will work on a fix for your Geronimo version over the
>>> week-end.
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, you can use the geronimo-jetty assembly which does not have
>>> this problem.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Gianny
>>>
>>>> Adam Ruggles <a.ruggles@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Adding that property produced this error message (repeated multiple
>>>> times):
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> INFO: Created a buffer pool with max size:104857600 bytes of
>>>> type:org.apache.catalina.tribes.io.BufferPool15Impl
>>>> 15:30:01,742 ERROR [BasicServiceSpaceDispatcher] See nested
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.group.MessageExchangeException:
>>>> java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign instance of
>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.UniqueId to field
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.tribes.TribesPeer.uniqueId of type
>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.UniqueId in instance of
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.tribes.TribesPeer
>>>>         at
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.servicespace.basic.TransformEnvelopeInterceptor.onInbou

>>>>
>>>> ndEnvelope(TransformEnvelopeInterceptor.java:46)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.group.impl.AbstractDispatcher.onInboundEnvelope(Abstrac

>>>>
>>>> tDispatcher.java:308)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.group.impl.AbstractDispatcher.onEnvelope(AbstractDispat

>>>>
>>>> cher.java:92)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.servicespace.basic.ServiceSpaceEndpoint.dispatch(Servic

>>>>
>>>> eSpaceEndpoint.java:49)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.group.impl.ServiceEndpointWrapper.dispatch(ServiceEndpo

>>>>
>>>> intWrapper.java:50)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.group.impl.BasicEnvelopeDispatcherManager$DispatchRunne

>>>>
>>>> r.run(BasicEnvelopeDispatcherManager.java:121)
>>>>         at
>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor

>>>>
>>>> .java:650)
>>>>         at
>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.jav

>>>>
>>>> a:675)
>>>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign instance of
>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.UniqueId to field
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.tribes.TribesPeer.uniqueId of type
>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.UniqueId in instance of
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.tribes.TribesPeer
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectStreamClass$FieldReflector.setObjFieldValues(ObjectStreamCl

>>>>
>>>> ass.java:2004)
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectStreamClass.setObjFieldValues(ObjectStreamClass.java:1184)

>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1914)

>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1832)
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1719)

>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1305)
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1908)

>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1832)
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1719)

>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1305)
>>>>         at
>>>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.servicespace.basic.BasicServiceSpaceEnvelopeHelper.tran

>>>>
>>>> sformInboundEnvelope(BasicServiceSpaceEnvelopeHelper.java:123)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.codehaus.wadi.servicespace.basic.TransformEnvelopeInterceptor.onInbou

>>>>
>>>> ndEnvelope(TransformEnvelopeInterceptor.java:44)
>>>>         ... 8 more
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Gianny Damour-2 wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi Adam,
>>>>>
>>>>> You will need to set the system property java.net.preferIPv4Stack to
>>>>> true when starting Geronimo. Without this properly multicasting does
>>>>> not work, at least on Mac OS X.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Gianny
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> View this message in context:
>>>> http://www.nabble.com/Unable-to-deploy-tomcat-app-with-WADI-Cluster-tp193

>>>>
>>>> 18948s134p19321415.html
>>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> -- 
>> View this message in context: 
>> http://www.nabble.com/Unable-to-deploy-tomcat-app-with-WADI-Cluster-tp19318948s134p19322624.html

>>
>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message