geronimo-user mailing list archives

From samifiaz <samif...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't start Geronimo 2.1 with Fedora Core 8
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 08:14:30 GMT

Hi rommie ,
 I think I am also facing the same problem , i can start the server but on
publishing , it throws the following exception
Could not publish to the server.
java.lang.NullPointerException

I thing i have the same issue of java 1.7.
I have installed java sdk from ibm by running its rpm.It was installed in
opt/ibm/java2-i386-50/ directory.
I then entered the following command to enter it in config file:
/usr/sbin/alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java
/opt/ibm/java2-i386-50/jre/bin java 2
and
/usr/sbin/alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java
/opt/ibm/java2-i386-50/bin java 2

Then by
/usr/sbin/alternatives --config java
selected this newly added option

But when i started the server again it start booting again in java 1.7

can you please guide me the rite way so that i can start the server by
booting in java 1.5.
I am newbie to linux and first time using wasce,  your responce means alot
to me .Thanks in advance.
regards,
sami