geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Juergen Weber <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject Include samples into Geronimo download packages
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:21:16 GMT

Creating or modifying deployment plans is quite often a real nightmare.
Usually you try to find a sample to adopt from. If only the samples were
current ..

So I suggest to include all samples (from
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/index.html) that are supposed to run on
a given Geronimo version in the archive of the Geronimo distribution itself
or in an archive immediately beside it (right now there is a Download Sample
applications link, but it does not point to a sample.tar.gz as the title
hints).

And, most important, it should be guaranteed that automatically deploying
and testing the samples was part of the build process that built the
Geronimo distribution.

The Weblogic server installation package does contain a sample directory
tree.

I created http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4281
for this.

Thanks,
Juergen

BTW: I think JEE V10.0 should totally dispense with XML descriptors and have
all properties in compiled class files. Generating them is as easy as
hitting CTRL-S in Eclipse and the Java compiler can check lots of things
which the XML editor does not. Java code you can even remote-debug.