geronimo-user mailing list archives

From MichaelHaeublein <michael.haeubl...@spo-bku.de>
Subject Re: Transactions are commited only when Server shuts down.
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 12:51:40 GMT

Lin Sun-2 wrote:

> Hi, Since you picked 'Oracle Thin', you are using the generic tranql
> wrapper.

Ah, ok... didn't know that.

But how do you specify the commitBeforeAutocommit=true?
If the admin console doesn't allow you to configure the
commitBeforeAutocommit property, you 'll have to save the plan before
the deploy and add the commitBeforeAutocommit=true in manually then
deploy it with the updated plan.
</qoute>

I manually changed the value in the "ra.xml" located somewhere in
"repository\console\dbpool\FMDBPool\1.0\FMDBPool-1.0.rar"

Lin Sun-2 wrote:

> I'd suggest you to pick 'Oracle Local' or 'Oracle XA' first, as these
> are Oracle specific tranql wrapper and are supposed to take care of
> setting commitBeforeAutocommit to true automatically for you.

I tried that, but thi asks for a lot of input I don't really know what it's
asking for, or why it's asking for Server Name, Database Name etc and for
the TNSNames entry as this entry provides all connection info? (btw a
TNSNames.ora file is not available on the server afaik)

I tried to configure the 'Oracle XA' with the information I got, but the
result is that the client doesn't get RemoteAccess at all.
This Exception is thrown in the console on the client side, when I use my
'Oracle XA' (which I think is configured wrong)
"java.lang.Exception: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
/AccessSessionBeanRemote does not exist in the system.  Check that the app
was successfully deployed."

Could you give some advice on configuring 'Oracle XA' or 'Oracle Local',
i.e. what information is really needed and so on.