geronimo-user mailing list archives

From evilclive <>
Subject Re: Restricting webapp access to ports or IP addresses?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 01:46:35 GMT

djencks wrote:
> Ports are harder.  In tomcat you have to define a whole new server for
> the new port and specify which server you want each app deployed to.
> See

That looks interesting - will that work on 2.0.2, and is there more than is
on that page? (a .ear to download?)

I've got a RemoteAddrValve running on my main Engine at the moment. I'm
guessing this might be a red herring though, because the obvious thing for
what I want to do is deny at the engine level the IP addresses I don't want,
then allow them at a Context level. Apart from the slight problem that I
don't know how to implement a valve at a context level (yet...), I have a
feeling it simply won't work, because the request will never get past the
top level valve. Am I right about this, or is there something clever I can