geronimo-user mailing list archives

From MichaelHaeublein <>
Subject Transactions are commited only when Server shuts down.
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 09:30:11 GMT

Me any my colleauge are working on client-server-application,
which is using geronimo as an application server and an client
using Swing.

For Database Access we use Beans (EJB 3.0).
The problem is, all transactions (Updates, Inserts, Deletes)
are not commited to the database after the transaction is closed.
Only when shutting down the server all previously made changes
are commited to the database.

We allready found this thread here

We tried to set the option CommitBeforeAutocommit to true as suggested
but this didn't have any effect.

Some techniqual details about the project:

Server: Geronimo Version 2.1.1
Database: Oracle 9.1
Connection-Pool with: Oracle Thin Driver (oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver)

Here's one of the Methodes which is not beeing commited as expected.
public class AccessSessionBean implements Access {

  @PersistenceContext(unitName = "FMDBPU")
  EntityManager manager;
  public void updateUserPassword(UserValueObject uservo)
    throws NotFoundException, Exception {
    UserBean bb = manager.find(UserBean.class, uservo.getUserId());

Any ideas what's going wrong?