geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from bytes
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:33:35 GMT

On Sep 16, 2008, at 2:50 PM, jklcom99 wrote:

> contextClassLoader in MDB,
>
> ******* Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader() =
> [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader
> id=appJMS/1.0/rar]
>
> [java] javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from bytes.
> Reason:
> java.io.IOException:

Bingo. That's definitely a bad ClassLoader. Now the question is why...

I split apart our jms-mdb example and rigged up an application which I
thought was structurally equivalent to yours. Could you give it a try?

http://people.apache.org/~kevan/test/ contains the apps/deployment plans

1) deploy.sh deploy geronimo-activemq-ra-2.1.2.rar geronimo-ra.xml
2) deploy.sh deploy jms-mdb.ear geronimo-application.xml

Then go to http://localhost:8080/order/ , fill out the order form, and
click order. You should see the following output on the server (at
least this is what I see):

(client) Start Sending Order Request
(client) Order Request Sent
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader() =
[org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader id=test/ear/
1.0/car]
(mdb) Order Received
<CustomerId=fee OrderId=fi Quantity=1 Model=101>

Can you have a look at tell me what's different (i.e. what I did wrong?)

--kevan