On Aug 13, 2008, at 2:20 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> wrote:

As of yet I haven't been able to catch it in the act to know for sure
what I have. I'm monitoring in things manually right now and I'm not
seeing more than 40K out of 512Mb being used with about a dozen users
logged in.

The main symptoms I'm seeing are two fold:  1) Geronimo just exits with
no explanation.  Could be memory.. could be something else.  2) Things
stop executing and the CGI scripts all complain about not being able to
allocate memory. When that is going on I can't log into the console either.

Do the CGI scripts run in a separate process (forked from the server
process)? Maybe also watch the number of processes running at the same
time.

Peter,
You having any luck with this?

That doesn't sound like a java heap/permgen memory issue. I'd be checking process/system memory and other system resources (e.g. threads and file descriptors). What type of CGI scripts are you running? How many threads?

--kevan