geronimo-user mailing list archives

From CG <learn....@gmail.com>
Subject How to configure eclipse to debug EJBs that published on Geronimo?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:15:44 GMT
Hi all,
  I used to use logging to debug remote EJBs because I did not able to
get the breakpoint stop at remote EJBs.

Today,  I suddenly search in google and found that actually there is a
proper way to do this kind of debugging in Eclipse .

Below are the steps   (From :
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3365032)

1. Add the following to your VM options while starting the server.
-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:trans-port=dt_socket,address=1234,suspend=n,server=y
2. Start the server
In eclipse choose Debug.. -> Remote Java Application (double click to
create new configuration)
3. Specify the port (right side pane) - 1234
4. Cick on debug to start debugging
(You will get error after doing this if you have not followed the steps)

However, I try to go the Geronimo server configuration in Eclipse,
under the section "Server VM Argument" , I try to follow the above
instruction to put "-Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Xrunjdwp:trans-port=dt_socket,address=1234,suspend=n,server=y"  , and
ended up cannot start up Geronimo in Eclipse.

How and where should I put those VM options , so that I can debug remote EJBs ?

Any input is welcomed , thanks.

CG