geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Are J2EE 1.4 applications still supported?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 01:33:48 GMT

> On Aug 8, 2008, at 7:20 AM, weberj wrote:
>

>> David Blevins wrote:
>>> We definitely support those older descriptor formats.  We have some
>>> fancy code in there so that if you don't supply the namespace we'll
>>> guess it, but looks if the namespace was supplied we assume it's
>>> right
>>> -- i.e. we assume it's the current namespace.
>>>
>>> Try updating this part of the openejb-jar.xml:
>>>
>>> xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
>>>
>>> to this:
>>>
>>> xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"
>>>
>>> That should take care of it.
>>>
>>> -David
>>>

>> Thanks, that took care of this error, I also had to add a geronimo-
>> ra.xml
>> for tranql that was missing in the sample (and formerly was not
>> necessary?).
>
> I'm not sure what the author had intended.  If you have any updates,
> I'll be happy to apply them.

Looks like there is a geronimo-ra.xml file in the example under config/
BankPool.xml.  It didn't get picked up for me till I remembered to
update both the config/geronimo-application.xml and config/
application.xml to point at the tranql-connector-ra-1.4.rar.

There is an update version of this example, but it uses Java EE 5 and
I suspect it's J2EE 1.4 you want, so I re-zipped my changes and
attached it to the example: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/29925/Bank-geronimo-2.1.2.zip

Not sure that the sql data is getting pulled in, but it at least
deploys and the client starts and does the correct lookup.

-David