geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MDB - reading messages in transaction
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:29:05 GMT

On Aug 29, 2008, at 9:59 AM, Juergen Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can a Geronimo message driven bean read several messages in a
> transaction?
> E.g. data might be split in several parts, one message for each
> part, and
> the messages should not be removed from the queue until the MDB has
> received
> all parts and has acknowledged having read all parts?

not directly.  No MDB can read more than one message in an invocation.

You might possibly be able to have your mdb open a connection and
listen for the rest of the mesages that go together but you'll have to
do some extra configuration such as making sure all the messages are
in a message group so they all go to the same mdb.  This would
probably only work with ActiveMQ and very well might not work at all.

You might be able to do something with a stateless session bean called
from a controller that opens a connection and reads all the messages
in a group.  I think this is more likely to work than an mdb.

thanks
david jencks