geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: JNDI name for Java client to 2.1 EJB
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 23:27:52 GMT
On Aug 5, 2008, at 11:01 AM, chi.botron wrote:

> I had the same problem.  It looks like the <jndi-name> element is
> totally
> ignored in the deployment descriptor.

It was in Geronimo 2.0, but it should work in Geronimo 2.1. G 2.1 also
has a new <jndi> element for specifying the name [1] which supports
EJB 3.0 business interfaces.

> weberjn wrote:
>>
>> I defined this JNDI name in openejb.xml

Double check the file is called openejb-jar.xml and not openejb.xml.

>> <enterprise-beans>
>>                <session>
>>                        <ejb-name>MyBean</ejb-name>
>>                        <jndi-name>MyBean</jndi-name>
[..]
>> I tried to look up "MyBean" in an InitialContext:
>>
>> Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: /MyBean does not
>> exist in
>> the system.  Check that the app was successfully deployed.

This should have worked.

>> With "java:MyBean":
>>
>> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: MyBean does not exist in the
>> system.
>> Check that the app was successfully deployed.

This one definitely won't as the "java:" isn't supported in plain java
clients.

-David

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/client-jndi-names.html#ClientJNDINames-SettingtheJNDIname