geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ questions
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:34:19 GMT

On Aug 10, 2008, at 11:16 AM, devdev wrote:

> Thank you Kevin for your reply.  I was under the impression I don't
> need to
> use an embedded broker.

That should work fine.  If not it's a bug we'd like to fix.  You
should be able to deploy a  amq resource adapter using the geronimo-
activemq-ra and without a dependency on activemq-broker.

>  I took the example deployment xml as if I was using
> ActiveMQ that is running the appserver but I would change the url to
> the 5th
> computer.  That is using the MessageDrivenBean in my EJB.  But
> somehow I
> couldn't not connect to the ActiveMQ sitting on that 5th computer.
> After
> trying many things, I am wondering if there is something wrong w/ my
> XML
> deploy  file or the whole approach is not supported.

Ideally we would have an integration test to demonstrate this works.
Meanwhile seeing your geronimo plan and any error messages you can
find might be helpful.

thanks
david jencks