geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ questions
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:21:10 GMT

On Aug 8, 2008, at 2:13 PM, devdev wrote:

> Regarding #1, would you please point me to some instructions or
> examples?  I
> have a 4 appservers running on different computers and I'd like to
> install
> an ActiveMQ on a 5th computer and have the 4 appservers sending/
> receiving
> message from AMQ.

I don't know of any explicit documentation for this use case. Perhaps
someone would be interested in generating some?

This URL shows the deployment plan used for the embedded ActiveMQ
resource adapter -- http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/deployment-plans.html#Deploymentplans-EmbeddedActiveMQresourceadapter

Note the property setting for 'ServerUrl'. If you're using the same
version of ActiveMQ that Geronimo embeds (G 2.1.2 uses 4.1.2), you
could use the above plan as a guide and deploy a new resource adapter
for the external ActiveMQ server. Alternatively, if you're using a
different ActiveMQ version, deploy the activemq rar file (in lib/
optional of the activemq installation) using the same general scheme
-- setting the ServerUrl property in your deployment plan (assuming
ActiveMQ has not changed their RA config properties).

--kevan