geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject JDBC URL parameters and Geronimo console
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:22:24 GMT
Hi,

I have a MySQL Database Pool configured via Geronimo console (G.
2.1.2). It works, except that sometimes I am getting mysql IO
exceptions, which I attribute to the server closing pooled connections
after some time of inactivity. This can be fixed by adding
"autoReconnect=true" to the JDBC URL. Here is the problem though -
Geronimo console database pool config screen does not support adding
extra URL parameters (for MySQL anyways, I think it does for "other"
type of databases). Any ideas how to work around it? Should I
configure a generic DB pool?

Thanks,
Andrus