geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: A directory checksum error on media; 1 not equal to 32432.
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:49:44 GMT

On Aug 13, 2008, at 7:15 AM, Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH wrote:

> It's not the filename but the content, I guess. I get the following
> error message on unpacking on linux.
> # tar -xzf geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.2-bin.tar.gz
> tar: A lone zero block at 199022
> I have got a similar message with version 2.1.1, too.

Thanks for pointing this out. Mal's error message looked different
(because it's AIX, perhaps?). So, we may have gotten distracted. Or
perhaps there is an issue with tar on AIX... Donald, have you tried
untarring on AIX?

The "long zero block" error messages can be ignored. There's a Maven
bug --  (I believe)
which causes these. We should put a note about this on our Download

As far as I know, there's no content difference between our tar.gz and
zip formats. We used to change EOL-characters depending on the archive
format. I don't believe we do this any longer.

View raw message