geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Are J2EE 1.4 applications still supported?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 18:39:41 GMT

On Aug 7, 2008, at 5:07 AM, weberj wrote:

> I tried the bank sample (EJB sample application (1.2 Ok) ) from
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC12/EJB+sample+application+(1.2+Ok)
> I got it to build (I appended my modified build.xml) with
> geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.2
> but on deploying I got the error below.
> I guess there is a problem with a deployment descriptor, but shouldn't
> Geronimo be still compatible to the old ones?
>
> Deployment failed:
> Failed parsing descriptors for module:
> /projekte/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.2/var/temp/geronimo-
> deploymentUtil51572.jar
>
> Caused by: org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot unmarshall the
> openejb-jar.xml. Xml content written to:
> /projekte/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.2/var/temp/openejb-
> jar-51573.xml:
> unexpected element (uri:"http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1
> ",
> local:"environment"). Expected elements are....

We definitely support those older descriptor formats.  We have some
fancy code in there so that if you don't supply the namespace we'll
guess it, but looks if the namespace was supplied we assume it's right
-- i.e. we assume it's the current namespace.

Try updating this part of the openejb-jar.xml:

  xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"

to this:

  xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"

That should take care of it.