geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from bytes
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 02:53:20 GMT

On Jul 16, 2008, at 6:27 PM, jklcom99 wrote:

> Kevan,
> Your assumption is correct.  I've moved the jms connector into my ear
> deployment plan as you suggested.  JMS is now happy.
> I'll see if I can mock up some artifacts for you.

I spoke with David Blevins about this problem. Looks like OpenEJB is
not setting the MDB classloader before the message is delivered to the
MDB, by ActiveMQ. Thus the ClassLoader in effect, when the connector
is deployed separately, is the Connector ClassLoader, instead of the
MDB ClassLoader.

By the way, there's another potential work-around -- add a dependency
in your appJMS module for the necessary jar files (which you have
installed into your repository).

--kevan