geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JPA and JNDI
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:05:35 GMT

On Aug 25, 2008, at 7:34 PM, devdev wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> On this page
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/datasource-connectionfactory-mdb-and-jpa.html
> it seems the <jta-data-source>SampleTxDatasource</jta-data-source> is
> referring to a JNDI entry.  However in the connector file
> <name>SampleTxDatasource</name> is not a JNDI entry.  How do we  map
> the
> connector reource adapter to a JNDI.  I checked the connector XM
> schema and
> dont see anuthing close.

I added a sentence to try to clarify that jpa setup in geronimo does
not use jndi in any way.  The jta-data-source element must match
exactly a connection factory name in a connector plan.  This has
nothing to do with any use of the connection factory in any resource-
ref or @Resource injection.

Can you think of wording that would make this clearer?

thanks
david jencks

>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
>>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
>>> 	<persistence-unit name="ctimssql" transaction-type="JTA">
>>> 		<jta-data-source>jdbc/CTIMSSQL2</jta-data-source>
>>> 		<class>com.twcable.ivr.resources.CustomerCallHistory</class>
>>> 	</persistence-unit>
>>> </persistence>
>>>
>>> I cranked up logging to ALL, and this is all I see:
>>> 19:13:24,914 INFO  [Transaction] TX Required: Started transaction
>>> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl@1b108ae
>>> 19:13:24,914 INFO  [Transaction] TX Required: Committing transaction
>>> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl@1b108ae
>>> 19:13:24,914 ERROR [Axis2WebServiceContainer] Exception occurred