geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Maven Plugin and Changing Ports
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:07:59 GMT

On Aug 14, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> Look at plugins\corba\j2ee-corba-yoko\pom.xml .  You can modify
> <config-substitution key="COSNamingPort">1050</config-substitution>
> to include your own port number so that the binaries you build will
> use that port number you specify.

I don't think that will work because the value is overridden in the
config.xml snippet in geronimo-plugin.xml generated from the pom and
the value ends up getting set from the var/config/config-
substitutions.properties file.

 From your first post I suspect you might want a lighter-weight server
than full geronimo.  You might consider assembling your own server
with just the bits you need, just like we do :-)  In this case you can
change the port value by including a plugin that only has the
overriding value in the geronimo-plugin.xml.

If you don't want to learn how to assemble your own server just yet
you can also override the value on the geronimo command line; I think
its possible to do this through the g-m-p but I'm not sure how.

You'd need the equivalent of -
Dorg.apache.geronimo.config.substitution.prefix.COSNamingPort=1051
You might also be able to set an environment property to make this work.

Hope this helps
david jencks