geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Problem building 2.1.2 samples
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:39:39 GMT
Peter Petersson wrote:
> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>
>> Peter,
>>
>> The samples are a little in flux at the moment but they should build.
>> I just started with a fresh checkout and clean repo and they built for
>> me.
>>
>> What version of maven are you using?  It is strange that the versions
>> are not specified in /repository/pom.xml ... but I don't hit the same
>> errors (perhaps because there is only one version available for each
>> from the referenced repository).  BTW, you no longer need to pull the
>> repository from geronimo server 2.1.2 since the tag is referenced in
>> the /repository/pom.xml.
> Hmm I am using maven 2.0.8 that could be it I will upgrade and see what
> happens.

Yep, that's it. I just tried with 2.0.8 and encountered the same error
you referenced.  It's strange that you could even attempt building with
2.0.8.  We have a version check in there to ensure you are using 2.0.9
... however maven must do the validation after it validates pom
dependency versions ... strange.

> Yes that was what i thought the new repository pom was going to fix :)
> but reading the build instructions at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/sample-applications.html  with the
> private repository checkout section I could not ignore it before posting.

Sorry, the doc had not yet been updated for the presence of the
repository pom in samples.  I just fixed it.