geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: GERONIMO_BASE vs. GERONIMO_HOME and org.apache.geronimo.base.dir
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:45:01 GMT

So you say that setting the following:

GERONIMO_HOME=/usr/local/geronimo
GERONIMO_BASE=/usr/local/geronimo-servers

and copying/moving var/ from GERONIMO_HOME to GERONIMO_BASE
such that { exists /usr/local/geronimo-servers/var }

that geronimo should would run.

As I mentioned in the previous e-mail, the shell scripts are not configured
correctly to allow this without issue.
So if this is true what you say, and what I thought was also true, then a minor
patch is needed to a few shell scripts.
I have attached that patch.

And if there are no disagreements, I will submit the patch.

I will also add documentation in the geronimo wiki to clarify GERONIMO_BASE vs.
GERONIMO_HOME , hopefully avoiding further conflicting usages in the future.

-RG