geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Patchy documentation, setup dev envirmonment on vista
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 03:05:14 GMT
Hi again Thomas, I will do the same tomorrow as well. Just to ensure that I
follow the same scenario that you are can you tell me if you're using WTP or the
Eclipse Update Manager to download the Geronimo 2.1 Server Adapter ?? Thanks very
much for you patience and assistance.....

tpoth@gmfoto.de wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Thank you, for the time you spent in this issue.
>
> I go through your manual Installation Instructions and it worked realy
> fine.
>
> In my last try, i did the Installation via the new Server Wizzard in the
> GEP Dialog.
> Here i tried to add the Geronimo Server 2.1 Adapter.
> Than Eclipse doe's an automatic restart.
> If i go to the New Server Wizzard again, there's just the TomCat Stuff
> under the Apache branch.
> But no Geronimo 2.1 as expected.
>
> Now I installed the stuff manualy as you mentioned and it works fine.
>
> I'll go now through the Installation as i did before in a separat
> eclipse installation and try to reproduce the error, the i look for the
> log files you requested.
> It seems to be the stable GEP Release, but let me first try.
>
> Thx Thomas
>
> P.S. The Howto for the EAR Sample is great. Thx :-)
>
> Tim McConnell <tim.mcconne@gmail.com> schrieb am 02.08.2008 02:19:45:
>
>  > [Bild entfernt]
>  >
>  > Re: Patchy documentation, setup dev envirmonment on vista
>  >
>  > Tim McConnell
>  >
>  > an:
>  >
>  > user
>  >
>  > 02.08.2008 02:17
>  >
>  > Bitte Antwort an user
>  >
>  > Hi Thomas, I'm not exactly positive which documentation you're
>  > looking at, but if
>  > you're trying to quickly establish your development environment
>  > using Eclipse I
>  > would start here:
>  >
>  > -----> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/quick-start-fast-and-easy-
>  > development.html
>  >
>  > Also, since you're having some difficulties I would recommend you
>  > use the manual
>  > steps throughout. For example you might use these steps below, which
>  > are entirely
>  > manual.
>  >
>  > 1. Manually download and install the Sun JDK 5.0
>  >
>  > 2. Create a new Eclipse installation directory for yourself and
> thenmanually
>  > download and install the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers (either
> Europa or
>  > Ganymede) into that new Eclipse installation directory.
>  >
>  > 3. Manually download and install the GEP from our unstable site
>  > (http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/2.1.2).
>  > Just unzip the
>  > geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.2-deployable.zip file into your new Eclipse
>  > installation directory.
> [...]

Thanks,
Tim McConnell