geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Geronimo support stories
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 02:30:54 GMT

On Aug 7, 2008, at 8:15 AM, weberj wrote:

> For Glassfish there are several sucess stories:
> Are there for Geronimo / wasce too? If not, I suggest to collect in
> the Wiki
> like this page:
> Pointy haired bosses will rather decide in favor of Geronimo if you
> can show
> them that BigMegaCorp is using Geronimo with a zillion transactions
> a day.

Heh. Thanks for the imagery. :-)

I totally agree. We recently received a request for the same
information. How do others feel? I'd like to hear from users,
committers, and, of course, our PMC members.

There are several different possible categories:

Users of Geronimo (Geronimo server, Geronimo components, etc)
Applications/Plugins that run on Geronimo
Projects/companies that bundle, repackage, or support Geronimo in some

Information could be located either on our web site (e.g.

  or our Wiki (e.g.

Here are a few projects which maintain similar pages:

ActiveMQ --
Tomcat --

We'll need a process for how information is added to this list. I see
the following scenarios:

1) Information is volunteered to the project by interested parties
(e.g. a user sends information to our user@ list about how they are
using Geronimo)
2) Usage information is publicly announced -- web site, publication,
press release, etc.

I would be in favor of both scenarios.

Do we need any guidelines on content? Should we allow images, limit
the amount of text, limit the amount of hype/marketing?

Personally, I'd rather not spin cycles in being too precise in
creating guidelines. I'd prefer to see a CTR process -- if someone
finds an entry objectionable, then simply register the complaint. The
offending entry should be removed until all issues have been addressed.

Anything else that should be included in this discussion?

View raw message