geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JPA and JNDI
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:41:49 GMT

On Aug 19, 2008, at 12:29 PM, ericp56 wrote:

>>> check if the persistence.xml is configured correctly.
> I looked through that document, thanks for the link.  I still can't
> get it
> to work.
>
> In my code:
>  @PersistenceContext(unitName = "ctimssql")
>  EntityManager em;
>
> My EntityManager object is not being injected.  When I try to use
> em, I'm
> getting a NullPointerException.

dumb question... this annotated field is in an ejb class?

> From persistence.xml:
>  <persistence-unit name="ctimssql" transaction-type="JTA">
>    <jta-data-source>eFlowCtiDatabase</jta-data-source>
>
> From openejb-jar.xml:
>  <enterprise-beans>
>    <session>
>      <ejb-name>eFlowCtiDatabase</ejb-name>
>      <jndi-name>eFlowCtiDatabase</jndi-name>
>    </session>
>  </enterprise-beans>
>

> In Geronomio, I configured a Data Pool named
> eFlowCtiDatabase, using the jTDS data driver.
>
> Any ideas on what isn't configured properly?

I don't see anything wrong, which doesn't mean much :-).  I'd try
naming the ejb and the datasource differently just to be certain they
aren't conflicting in some way I haven't thought of.  I'd also
carefully llok through the log to see if there are any messages on the
order of "cant figure out how to inject persistence context"

thanks
david jencks