geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Geoffrey Wiseman" <gwise...@feedroom.com>
Subject Deployment Freezes
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:00:10 GMT
I've got a set of modules that I'd like to deploy to Geronimo, and I've
tried to deploy them using the Maven plugin and the deploy.sh on a local
installation of both Geronimo-jetty6-javaee5 and
Geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5 (2.1.2 in all four cases).  One of them gets an
error on deployment (ClassNotFound on a class that seems to be present)
one deploys fine, and  the remaining two seem to just .... go away.
Deployment commences, and then I never hear anything back, either in the
server console, the logs, or the deployment tool, which doesn't exit.

I'll assume for now the ClassNotFound problem is actually a problem with
the WAR, although if I find that not to be true, I may fire off further
inquiries.  That said, I'm trying to understand how best to diagnose the
fact that deployment seems to just go AWOL, and my lack of Geronimo
experience is betraying me.

I'm thinkin' about cranking up the log level on the Geronimo logs using
the administration console at the very least, which I'll go do after I
send this off, but if anyone has further suggestions, I'm happy to hear
'em.