geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Geoffrey Wiseman" <gwise...@feedroom.com>
Subject RE: Maven Plugin and Changing Ports
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:22:05 GMT
Yes, I did think about doing my own server assembly, seemed to be an
option based on the release notes I'd seen for 2.1, but I was hoping to
get things up and running first and then look at cutting back after
that, mostly because, as you say, it's another thing to learn.  ;)

I'll see if I can make it happen with a system property first, but if
that fails, or looks like it might be as much work as figuring out how
to make my own assembly, I might just do that.  Thanks.

From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:08 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Maven Plugin and Changing Ports

On Aug 14, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

Look at plugins\corba\j2ee-corba-yoko\pom.xml .  You can modify
<config-substitution key="COSNamingPort">1050</config-substitution> to
include your own port number so that the binaries you build will use
that port number you specify.

I don't think that will work because the value is overridden in the
config.xml snippet in geronimo-plugin.xml generated from the pom and the
value ends up getting set from the
var/config/config-substitutions.properties file.

>From your first post I suspect you might want a lighter-weight server
than full geronimo.  You might consider assembling your own server with
just the bits you need, just like we do :-)  In this case you can change
the port value by including a plugin that only has the overriding value
in the geronimo-plugin.xml.

If you don't want to learn how to assemble your own server just yet you
can also override the value on the geronimo command line; I think its
possible to do this through the g-m-p but I'm not sure how.

You'd need the equivalent of
-Dorg.apache.geronimo.config.substitution.prefix.COSNamingPort=1051

You might also be able to set an environment property to make this work.

Hope this helps

david jencks

++Vamsi

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Geoffrey Wiseman
<gwiseman@feedroom.com> wrote:

Ok, with the Geronimo Plugin and Assemblies to 2.1.2, both
Geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5 and Geronimo-jetty6-javaee5 seem to load
partially, although the Yoko ORB wants to grab Port 1050 that's
currently held by ccApp.exe (Norton AntiVirus), which seems to be a
known problem.

 Is there any way to change the ports used by an assembly that comes out
of the repo, rather than one you have installed locally?  Some kind of
configuration parameter that I can feed into the POM to change the port?