geronimo-user mailing list archives

From devdev <quoc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DB pool from admin console looks wrong
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:11:35 GMT

David thanks again for the quick reply.

regarding #2, I totally agree there is no benefit to use it the jsee way.
When rewriting persistence.xml touse mysql I get
<openjpa-1.0.2-r420667:627158 nonfatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: There were errors
initializing your configuration: <openjpa-1.0.2-r420667:627158 fatal store
error> org.apache.openjpa.util.StoreException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver in
classloader org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa/2.1.2/car which i believe is
because it can't find the driver.  I got around it by providing a deploy
plan for a mysql connector where the dependency is stated.  Thus it's really
a bizaree setup, because it use the persistence-unit to write to the DB and
not the DB pool.

If using the pool is the prefered way (to leverage JEE container), it
surprising you are unsure if it would give problem or not.  Isn't it a quite
standard use case of access the DB?

regarding #3, according to javax.persistence.* API, the only way to get a
EntityTransaction instance is by follow that example and it first start w/
Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(String persistenceUnitName).  If
using the connector, how can I refer to my connector w/in my EJB?

Thank you in advance
JFR