geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Beniamin Mazan ...@mazan.pl>
Subject Re: Problem with EJB container and JMS
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:58:29 GMT

Beniamin Mazan wrote:

> Kevan Miller wrote:

>>> 1) No, only never-ending wait.
>>> 2) yes
>>
>> So, is this the the scenario? The MDB in an onMessage() invocation and
>> you're trying to undeploy?
>>
>> --kevan
>>

> Not exactly. I don't know where message directly is. I can't say that MDB
> is in an onMessage() invocation but rather not. The message is waiting
> during it's redelivery time.

I think that the better order for my cases is :

1A) If messages are waiting for delivery and I shutdown server (geronimo
stop) and the run it again none of messages are delivered to listener

1B) When MDB onMessage method throws i.e. NullPointerException, the
transaction is rolledback but  a) message is not being redelivered anymore,
b) module couldn't be restarted == application stops working

and then

2) When message is waiting for delivery to MDB (not delivered after module's
start) i cannot undeploy module with this MDB from command line. I have to
stop module via G-console and then undeploy

-----
thanks
Beniamin