geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ericp56 <eric.phettepl...@twcable.com>
Subject log4j question
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:30:52 GMT

Hello,

I am getting started with GBeans.  I am trying the log4 tutorial and it's
not quite working for me.  I'm adding it into my work from the EJB tutorial.

I'm guessing I'm not instantiating the logger correctly.

{geronimo}/var/myapp/log4j.properties is configured to send output to the
console, which isn't happening.

Here's my gbean entry in my openejb-jar.xml

<dep:gbean name="DirectoryLog4jConfiguration"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean">
        <dep:attribute
name="log4jFile">var/myapp/log4j.properties</dep:attribute>
        <dep:reference
name="ServerInfo"><name>ServerInfo</name></dep:reference>
</dep:gbean>

and in the code:

import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
.
.
.
private static Log logger = LogFactory.getLog(Echo.class);

Thanks,

Eric