geronimo-user mailing list archives

From weberjn <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject JNDI name for Java client to 2.1 EJB
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:49:54 GMT

Hi,

I try to access a 2.1 style EJB in Geronimo 2.1 (with xml deployment
descriptors)

I defined this JNDI name in openejb.xml

<enterprise-beans>
                <session>
                        <ejb-name>MyBean</ejb-name>
                        <jndi-name>MyBean</jndi-name>

I tried a JNDI lookup from a Java client using these properties:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=localhost:4201
java.naming.security.principal=system
java.naming.security.credentials=manager

I tried to look up "MyBean" in an InitialContext:

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: /MyBean does not exist in the
system.  Check that the app was successfully deployed.

With "java:MyBean":

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: MyBean does not exist in the system.
Check that the app was successfully deployed.

I would guess that the one specified with <jndi-name> would be correct, but
this isn't so.

What is the right JNDI name?

Thanks,
Juergen