geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Travis Stevens <>
Subject packaging my ear
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:07:27 GMT

I'm getting the following failure:
16:47:29,741 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/gaiam/gcsi/service/ProgramService
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(

I think that I am missing something when packaging the ear file.
Basically, the class ProgramService is in gcsi-services.jar which is
placed at the root of the ear.  ProgramService is just a simple

The three EJB specific classes, notably @Local ProgramServiceLocal,
@Remote ProgramServiceRemote and @Statless ProgramServiceImpl, reside in
gcsi-impl.jar which is also placed at the root of the ear.  There is an
entry in META-INF/application.xml for that file:

The entity beans are placed in lib/gcsi-core.jar.

All the rest of the libraries (like commons-lang.jar, etc) are placed in
the root of the ear file.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

View raw message