geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Thorburn" <nzi...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo Connection Pools - How long until a connection is released?
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:36:14 GMT
Currently playing around with having multiple threads going round and
round trying to access the database within Geronimo, essentially to
represent multiple users using the application (heavy load), but if I
don't have them sleep for long enough, I tend to get errors when they
try and access the database (Couldn't get connection within timeout or
something), so despite the fact that I've closed the connection it
seems as though it's not being released immediately. Or there's
possibly something else going on.

I also find that my threads just seem to die sometimes, for no obvious
reason. They just sit there using up CPU, but not talking to the
database or doing any sort of logging or anything. Very strange.

I'm probably going to have to add more detail later, but maybe someone
has a suggestion?

Thanks,

- Andrew Thorburn