geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: G2.1.2-SNAPSHOT, java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild: Child name '/' is not unique
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 21:54:06 GMT
Jarek, good suggestion!  I'll investigate that.

Thanks

Lin

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lin,
>
> Can we somehow intercept this condition where two apps are trying to
> use the same root context and throw a nicer exception?
>
> Jarek
>
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Lin Sun <linsun.unc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think this is because the welcome app is running with context-root
>> "/", same as your app.
>>
>> You can either uninstall the welcome app or change your app to a
>> different context-root.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Lin
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 2:51 PM, jklcom99 <jeff_k_lu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to migrate to G2.1 and I'm running G2.1.2-SNAPSHOT
>>>
>>> When try to start the server, I'm getting this error:
>>> This is the only app that is being deployed to the server and there're no
>>> other apps have been deployed to it.
>>>
>>>     [java] 14:36:23,275 ERROR [GBeanInstance] Problem in doFail of
>>> myApp/1.0/car?J2EEApplication=myApp/1.0/car,j2eeType=WebModule,name=appmain.war
>>>     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.removeContext(TomcatContainer.java:380)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doFail(TomcatWebAppContext.java:540)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:1028)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:268)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:541)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.attemptFullStart(GBeanDependency.java:111)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.addTarget(GBeanDependency.java:146)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency$1.running(GBeanDependency.java:120)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:176)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.access$300(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:44)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBroadcaster.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:254)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:294)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:555)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:456)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:493)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:188)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:562)
>>>     [java]     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor21.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:832)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$18bf9549.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.doStartup(EmbeddedDaemon.java:162)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.execute(EmbeddedDaemon.java:79)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
>>>     [java] 14:36:23,275 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting;
>>> GBean is now in the FAILED state:
>>> abstractName="myApp/1.0/car?J2EEApplication=myApp/1.0/car,j2eeType=WebModule,name=appmain.war"
>>>     [java] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:  Child name '/' is
>>> not unique
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:781)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer.java:363)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doStart(TomcatWebAppContext.java:512)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:998)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:268)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:541)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.attemptFullStart(GBeanDependency.java:111)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.addTarget(GBeanDependency.java:146)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency$1.running(GBeanDependency.java:120)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:176)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.access$300(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:44)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBroadcaster.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:254)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:294)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:555)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:456)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:493)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:188)
>>>     [java]     at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:562)
>>>     [java]     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor21.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>> --
>>> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/G2.1.2-SNAPSHOT%2C-java.lang.IllegalArgumentException%3A-addChild%3A--Child-name-%27-%27-is-not-unique-tp18346411s134p18346411.html
>>> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message