geronimo-user mailing list archives

From DFr...@teamhuber.com
Subject Re: Does the pool handle stale connections?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:13:08 GMT
I have frequent trouble with my database pool to an AS/400.  The database
is taken down every night for backup, and at least once a week the
connection pool is unusable after the database comes back up.  Restarting
the connection pool makes everything work again.

We are new to Geronimo -- just this one app on one server -- so I don't
have anything to compare to.  However, we have had this same issue with a
couple 1.x versions before we upgraded to v2.

I had planned to do more troubleshooting before posting this, but since
its already a topic I thought I'd go ahead.  It easily could be a
configuration issue, although there are several WebSphere apps that do not
have this trouble.

Configuration Info
Driver: JTOpen v6.1 (com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver)
Pool Min Size: 0
Pool Max Size: 100
Blocking Timeout: 5000
Idle Timeout: 15