geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot deploy wmq.jmsra.rar (WebSphere MQ)
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:57:04 GMT

On Jul 22, 2008, at 10:13 PM, sbyonge wrote:

> I am not sure why I am getting ClassCastException.  It may be my local
> setting and Geronimo is working fine.  Any suggestion?
>
>      QueueSender producer = session.createSender(requestQueue);
>
>      Message msg = session.createTextMessage("...");
>      // If I comment out "setJMSReplyTo" method, message is sent OK
>      msg.setJMSReplyTo(replyQueue);  // Gererating ClassCastException
>      producer.send(msg);
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> com.ibm.mq.connector.outbound.MQQueueProxy
> cannot
> be cast to com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue
>        at
> com.ibm.mq.jms.MQJMSMessage.setHeaderFromMQMD(MQJMSMessage.java:899)
>        at
> com.ibm.mq.jms.MQMessageProducer.sendInternal(MQMessageProducer.java:
> 1813)
>        at
> com.ibm.mq.jms.MQMessageProducer.send(MQMessageProducer.java:1139)
>        at
> com.ibm.mq.jms.MQMessageProducer.send(MQMessageProducer.java:1215)
>        at
> com.ibm.mq.connector.outbound.MessageProducerWrapper.send(MessageProd
> ucerWrapper.java:203)

Heh. Don't take it personally, but I was hoping we were done with you
and your problem... ;-)

Can you email your full stack trace? This exception is occurring
within Geronimo, correct? Not an external MQ/JMS client?

Apologies if you've already told us this info:

How are you deploying the RA? Separately from your app? Or all in a
single ear? What's your ear deployment plan look like? Are you
packaging any MQ libraries in your ear?

--kevan