geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help! deploy j2ee connector plan.xml error
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:52:05 GMT

On Jul 23, 2008, at 5:09 AM, Luciano Salotto wrote:

> You have a problem with your deployment descriptor. You are trying
> to set properties Driver and ConnectionURL, if you check the
> properties that you can set for postgre tranql connector are the
> ones listed in the error message.
>
> Those two properties (Driver and ConnectionURL) matches the generic
> tranql connector deployment descriptor, but you are trying to deploy
> you are using the postrgre-tranql connector.

I agree

> There are two ways of fixing this:
> 1) Change the connector you are using to generic tranql (tranql-
> connector-ra), this won't hurt at all, your DB will work correctly

However this will not give you xa.  I'm not sure whether the postgres
xa actually works, but if it does this may be a significant concern.

> 2) Modify the deployment descriptor to match the configuration
> parameters of postgre tranql. You can check how the xml should look
> like, inside the tranql-connector-postgresql-xa-1.1.rar under META-
> INF direcotry you will see a file called ra.xml.

ra.xml _ought_ to be ok since it's shipped with the tranql connector
and these properties are not in the ra.xml in the svn tag.  So I think
they must be coming from the geronimo plan. Did you generate this
using the admin console?  If so could you show it?  There might be an
admin console bug.  If your plan is not generated from the admin
console please try generating it there and see what happens.

thanks
david jencks