geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Stateful Session Bean Problem Geronimo 2.1.1: "Passivation Failed"
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:06:19 GMT

On Jul 10, 2008, at 10:36 PM, Mario Kofler wrote:

> thanks,
>

>> if the
>> persistence provider doesn't want it serialized, there's nothing we
>> can do
>> about it.
>
> so that means that it is not a bug but the persistence provider
> hinders a passivation?

Not a container bug but a bean bug.  The container will try to
passivate you, you just need to make sure it can, which in this case
means not holding onto a reference to your bean-managed
EntityManager.  The easiest way is to destroy your EntityManager
object in PrePassivate (close it and null the ref) and create yourself
a new one in PostActivate.

-David