geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: deploy-offline, Deployer operation failed: Failed to expand the module archive
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:46:17 GMT

On Jul 3, 2008, at 10:01 AM, jklcom99 wrote:

> Can you elaborate on this?
>
> 1) using the javaee 5  ear lib feature to get them into your
> classpath.

It looks like you already put all the jars in the ear lib directory.
Thus they will be in the ear classloader and available to all your
modules anyway.  All you should need to do is remove all the manifest
classpaths from all the jars and modules packages

> 2) We could look into providing a flag for lenient mfcp
> evaluation.....

that's the subject of the jira

thanks
david jencks

> I'd put it in the geronimo plan
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> I think some of your jars have manifest classpath entries that are
>> wrong and were ignored in g 1.1.1.  I would advise removing all
>> manifest classpath entries from all the jars and using the javaee 5
>> ear lib feature to get them into your classpath.  I realize this may
>> involve modifying 3rd party jars (oro?) to remove manifest classpath
>> entries that, well, shouldn't be there.
>>
>> BTW other people have spent a lot of time on dead ends with this kind
>> of problem because they made unwarranted assumptions about what the
>> manifests actually are.  Be sure to look in the actual artifacts you
>> are deploying, not something you think is being built into them.  I
>> use emacs for this which lets me open multiple levels of jar
>> structured archives and look at the files inside.
>>
>> We could look into providing a flag for lenient mfcp evaluation.....
>> I'd put it in the geronimo plan.  See
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3316
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Jul 3, 2008, at 8:17 AM, jklcom99 wrote:
>>

>>> Now, I'm onto a different error.
>>>
>>>   Error: Unable to distribute myApp.ear: Determining complete
>>>   manifest classpath unsuccessful:
>>>
>>>   org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Determining
>>> complete
>>>   manifest classpath unsuccessful:

>>>   Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>>>   C:\apps\myApp.ear\lib\jakarta-oro.jar
>>>   (The system cannot find the file specified)
>>>
>>>   	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
>>>
>>>   	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
>>>
>>>   	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)
>>>
>>>   	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:97)
>>>
>>>   	at
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext
>>> $DefaultJarFileFactory.newJarFile(DeploymentContext.java:269)
>>>
>>>   	... 18 more
>>>
>>> There is a copy of jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar in
>>> C:\apps\myApp.ear\lib\jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar but if I rename it to
>>> jakarta-oro.jar then I would get the following error:    This app