geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Redeployment Query
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 07:25:40 GMT

On Jul 10, 2008, at 11:55 PM, jithesh wrote:

> Hello Guys..
>

>        I am using geronimo 2.0.0.1 (wasce) for hosting my web
> application.
> During each deployment I have to do the following steps.
> 1. Stop the war file
> 2. Uninstall the war file
> 3. then redeploy the new war file.
>
>      My problem is once I do uninstallation my files which are
> stored by
> the application is lost. The new war file does not contain my new
> files. Is
> there any mechanism to prevent  the files from already deployed war
> file.
> That is I should be able to get the extra files after the new war
> file is
> deployed..
>

> Please give your tips on this..

Don't have your application modify itself by storing data inside the
application.  Instead, create a data directory for your application in
<geronimo-home>/var/.  I started some documentation on this here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/locating-your-application-specific-configuration-files.html

thanks
david jencks