geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stateful Session Bean NoSuchObjectException
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 03:52:12 GMT

On Jul 9, 2008, at 9:46 PM, fmchale wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After much research I have become completely stumped and confused on
> this
> issue (pardon me as well if its something simple, I am learning JEE
> development).  I currently have a Stateful Session bean that is
> accessed by
> web clients.  After approximately 20 minutes I get a
> NoSuchObjectException -
> Stateful Session Bean has timed out.  Is there anyway I can set the
> timeout
> to be longer then 20 minutes. Im assuming that after 20 minutes the
> timeout
> occurs and instead of passivating the bean is completely destroyed.
> Here is
> a snippet of important bean parts.
>
> public @Stateful class InternTempBean implements InternTemp{
>
> 	@PersistenceContext(unitName="MatchMakerModel",
> type=PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED)
> 	EntityManager emMatchMaker;
>
> 	public InternTempBean(){
> 	}
>
>        .. some more bean methods
>
> 	@Remove
> 	public void mergeIntern(Intern_Temp intern){
> 		emMatchMaker.merge(intern);
> 	}
>
> I was thinking maybe there was some setting I could tell openejb to
> not
> timeout after 20 minutes.
> Can anyone guide me in the right direction here.

As you've figured out, the default timeout is 20 minutes.

To alter this default:

1. stop your server
2. edit var/config/config.xml
3. locate the openejb module element and make it looks something like:

     <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/
car">
         <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
             <attribute name="port">${OpenEJBPort + PortOffset}</
attribute>
             <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
         </gbean>
         <gbean name="DefaultStatefulContainer">
             <attribute name="properties">PoolSize=1000
               TimeOut=30</attribute>
         </gbean>
     </module>

For an infinite TimeOut, set the value to 0.

--kevan