geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from bytes
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:53:46 GMT

On Jul 15, 2008, at 9:56 AM, jklcom99 wrote:

> The app was running on G1.1.1.  I've recently upgraded to G2.1.2-
> SNAPSHOT.  I
> believe I'm on G2.1.2-SNAPSHOT 07/03 build.
>
> Test case:
> Whenever a scheduled Quartz job kicks off, the server would send a JMS
> message to update the UI.
> Could this be a bug?
>
> Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks. Assuming that the contents of your EAR are correct (i.e. lib/
contains a jar file which contains the required Classes for the
ObjectMessage), I think this is a bug.

I was hoping you could prepare some deployable artifacts that we could
be used to recreate, test and diagnose the problem. It will take a bit
of work to set up your scenario. Anything that you can do to make it
easier to recreate your problem will increase the chances of somebody
looking at it...

If I understand correctly, you are separately deploying a JMS 'module'
and an EAR with your MDB. I don't think Quartz is needed to recreate
the problem, just some JMS ObjectMessage with an object from your
EAR's lib/

We may be able to figure this out without a test case, but it would
definitely help...

--kevan