geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: deploy-offline, Deployer operation failed: Failed to expand the module archive
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 16:42:30 GMT
I think some of your jars have manifest classpath entries that are
wrong and were ignored in g 1.1.1.  I would advise removing all
manifest classpath entries from all the jars and using the javaee 5
ear lib feature to get them into your classpath.  I realize this may
involve modifying 3rd party jars (oro?) to remove manifest classpath
entries that, well, shouldn't be there.

BTW other people have spent a lot of time on dead ends with this kind
of problem because they made unwarranted assumptions about what the
manifests actually are.  Be sure to look in the actual artifacts you
are deploying, not something you think is being built into them.  I
use emacs for this which lets me open multiple levels of jar
structured archives and look at the files inside.

We could look into providing a flag for lenient mfcp evaluation.....
I'd put it in the geronimo plan.  See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3316

thanks
david jencks