geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis Cartier" <dennis.cart...@gmail.com>
Subject Deploying clustered database pools under G2.1.X
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:14:40 GMT
Upon trying both 2.1.1 and 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT I have been unable to figure
out how to deploy a clustered database pool. In past versions of
Geronimo the "JDBC Connect URL" field was exposed and for my database
(MySQL) I could directly edit this field to expose the databases to
Geronimo E.g "jdbc:mysql://ServerA,ServerB/MyDatabase?failOverReadOnly=false&autoReconnectForPools=true".

How does one do this under Geronimo 2.1.x? I tried creating a plan
with an added "<config-property-setting name="ConnectionURL">..."
section and deployed it from the command line but get the message:

    Error: Unable to distribute tranql-connector-mysql-local-1.2.rar:
    The plan is trying to set attributes: [ConnectionURL]

I tried this under the Release of 2.1.1 as well as the latest Snapshot
of 2.1.3 and both exhibit this behaviour. I get the impression that
G2.1.x has hidden all the 'complexity' of the constructed JDBC
connection URL behind a subset of fields, but for someone in my
position, this poses a problem.

Thanks,

Dennis